Job Title: Distribution Manager
Manager: CK Lim
Location: Woodridge, IL
Travel: Up to 25%
About Globe Union:
Globe Union strives to be a positive force in our industry and communities. Our approximately 10,000 employees worldwide are guided by our passion statement, "One Family, One Vision." We provide a positive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment, along with an opportunity to grow with a winning team. We are seeking individuals who will bring the same passion to the organization and commit to the success of Globe Union.
Globe Union is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacturing of kitchen and bathroom plumbing fixtures, faucets, and fittings.
Danze, Inc. and Gerber Plumbing Fixtures, LLC are subsidiaries of Globe Union Group, Inc.
About Gerber Plumbing Fixtures:
Founded in 1932, Gerber Plumbing Fixtures LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Globe Union Group Inc. and is based just outside Chicago, IL. Gerber is a leading manufacturer of high performance plumbing fixtures, faucets and fittings sold exclusively through professional wholesalers throughout the United States and Canada.
Gerber has a comprehensive residential product offering of vitreous china fixtures including toilets, lavatories and bidets; a full range of faucets for the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room; and is a leading supplier of bathtub drains. Its complete commercial product line includes toilets, lavatories, urinals and service sinks as well as mechanical faucets and flush valves. Gerber also has a complete line of high efficiency products that are WaterSense certified.
About Danze, Inc.:
Danze, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Globe Union Group Inc. and is based just outside of Chicago in Woodridge, IL. Danze is young and playful with an entrepreneurial spirit and an optimist’s view of the world—a world filled with unlimited possibilities. At Danze, we are savvy, independent thinkers - much like our customers. We believe that style and design have the power to inspire and delight, and it’s our goal, every day, to design and manufacture faucets that provide unique styling and high quality at a great value.
We're grounded and humbled by the idea that people, all over America, are using Danze products every day. And when they do, Danze is helping them feel better about their homes and about themselves. This is why we're focused on creating products that are an expression of our customers and their relentless search for something beautiful, distinctive and thoughtfully crafted.
- Overall day-to-day operations for Woodridge, East Coast and West Coast warehouses.
- Responsible for oversight and accuracy of all inbound and outbound shipments, inventory, mounting, and warranty parts.
- Responsible for the daily performance, onboarding, development, and cross-training of staff.
- Manage key performance indicators for warehouse processes for continuous improvements.
- Responsible for performing similar duties, as your staff on an as needed basis.
- Enforce company rules regarding safety, discipline, cooperation, and teamwork.
- Ensure complete OSHA and internal safety policy compliance.
- Continuous improvement of operational process and procedures.
- Responsible for the maximization of storage.
- Troubleshoot Oracle or Numina issues as they occur and work with our IT team and/or Numina team as needed.
- Enforce and support all standard operating procedures.
- Flexibility to perform all other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 3+ years’ experience in the job offered.
- This role will be required to be out on the floor actively performing similar tasks as staff, as needed.
- Must have excellent supervisory skills and the ability to coach and develop employees.
- Bilingual, English/ Spanish, preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of warehouse strategies and best practices.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and the willingness to become certified in the areas necessary.
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Requires constructive and solid judgments.
- Ability to work well with all co-workers and manager, and willingness to cooperate and accept added responsibilities
- A successful candidate will be self-motivated, goal-oriented, thrive on challenging and rewarding work, and have the ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hardworking, action-oriented, and results driven
- Demonstrates a “roll up your sleeves” initiative to get the job done
- Ability to travel
Globe Union offers excellent benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- 401(k) with generous company match.
- Paid Holidays.
- Annual vacation.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Company sponsored fitness and wellness programs.